Please note that these can change at any time and reflect my mood, my disposition at the time… so here we go!
10. Cohiba Siglo VI (2006) – Embodies everything a Cohiba should be. Present is the elusive “tea note” on the palate. Such a good cigar.
9. Davidoff Millennium Blend Lancero (2009) – May be one of the best single fresh cigars I have ever smoked. The thin format of this cigar is perfect for the Millennium Blend.
8. Partagas Lusitania (2006) – Wow. This is why Hemingway moved to Cuba.
7. Seleccione Robusto (2002) – A nice little 5 pack of specially blended robustos. One each of Montecristo, HdM, Cohiba, Partagas and RyJ. Couldn’t pick just one!
6. Partagas Serie P No. 2 (2005) – amazing fresh out the box, even better with age. Tobacco, leather, espresso, and a roundhouse kick.
5. Davidoff Vintage 2000 Panetela Extra (2003) – Amazing cigar, rich and powerful even after all this time. And this was complex, so very complex, changed every 1/2″.
4. Fuente Fuente Opus X Perfexcion A (1999) – I was lucky enough to get to try a a seriuosly aged Opus and it was amazing! I am the first to say that I am not a huge Fuente fan, but this cigar shows what the “old” Opus were all about.
3. Padron Family Reserve No. 44 Natural (2009) – this extremely limited cigar was only available at store events for the Family Reserve, it features 10-year old tobacco and is stunning.
2. AVO LE 5 (2005) – was once the best cigar I have ever smoked. Even better with age.
1. Cohiba Siglo VI Gran Reserva 2003 (2009) – the most complex and rich cigar I have ever smoked.
Mar 10 – AVO LE 09 Companero (2009) – This cigar was better fresh than the AVO LE5. The most un-AVO AVO ever made. Rustic and rich, this was an intense experience. Let’s see where this cigar goes with age!
Jan 10 – Padron 1926 Anniversary 80 Years – This beautiful perfecto tasted like the whole cigar, not just the wrapper, was aged for 5 years. Woot!
Aug 09 – AVO 22 LE European Release (2002) – This was a wonderful creamy rich cigar. I enjoyed the thinner Euro version better than the chunkier US release.
Apr 09 – Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 2 (APR 05) – Good grief this is one excellent creamy, leathery and coffee tasting cigar. So good with some time in the humidor.
Apr 09 – AVO Legacy LE (2004) – Almost as good as the LE5, but not quite. Still have one last box left of these.
Feb 09 – Griffin’s Special XXI Edition (2005) - What a honey of a cigar. Excellent after aging, what a small-batch release is all about.
Aug 08 – Casa Fuente Corona (2006) – These are stupid expensive. But it’s the best Cameroon on the market.
July 08 – Camacho Face-Off (2002) – Made by Litto Gomez with Eiroa tobacco. Excellent cigar with age, I wish Litto would make more mild-medium smokes, this is his strength.
June 08 – Griffin’s XXIII Limited Edition (2007)- Great cigar, complex with awesome aging potential. Best Kelner-made cigar that year.